The holiday has come and gone, and what do you do with any delicious fresh veggies that were abandoned on the tray once the dip ran out?
The answer? Make a warm, hearty, delicious soup out of those fresh veggies, leaving not a palate disappointed, and not a veggie to waste. This quick, easy recipe will warm your family inside-out for a healthy holiday glow.
Party Tray Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 celery sticks
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 10 grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of broccoli
- Salt and pepper taste
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Chop celery, carrots and broccoli into bite-size pieces, add to pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 7-10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 135, Fat: 8.25 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrate: 14.5 g, Sodium: 506 mg