Besides sporting shades when it’s sunny and wearing protective eyewear during sports and risky activities, there’s more you could be doing to protect your eyes.
In fact, overall eye health and safety is a dual effort of eating foods that protect eyes from the inside-out in order to maintain current eye health, helping prevent the onset of impaired eyesight. How? By ensuring your meals are delivering the key nutrients responsible for keeping your eyes in top notch shape.
These key superfood nutrients that are healthy for your eyes include:
- Beta carotene (yam, carrots, kale, broccoli, peas, butternut squash)
- Vitamin A (found in yams, carrots, kale and butternut squash)
- Vitamin C (found in broccoli, peas and nuts)
- Vitamin E (found in almonds, spinach, broccoli, butternut squash and peas)
- Zinc (found in pumpkin seeds and spinach)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (found in butternut squash and pumpkin seeds)
- Lutein (found in kale and spinach)
- Zeaxanthin (found in kale and spinach)
Packed with at least two (and up to al eight) of these key superfood nutrients, Eat Smart products are a pretty delicious way to contribute to a difference you can “see!”
Click here to see more of your favorite Eat Smart products that contain a few of the “great 8″ nutrients!